Aviation industry of Bangladesh is rapidly growing ever-since Govt. allowed private companies to operate airline business. Although few companies tried to operate airline business, only few are able to succeed in the very competitive market. The demand for legal services in aviation matters is increasing due to increase of volume of transaction in recent years.
Airlines, machinery and equipment suppliers, service providers, passengers often look for legal services. For example, cargo related claim, baggage claim, recovery of dues, recovery of machinery and equipment, crew’s salary and benefits etc. are now not very uncommon for lawyers in Bangladesh. Our aviation practice begun with filing recovery litigation for service related dues for a five star hotel against GMG Airlines in 2008, which is no more in operation now. Later our Consultancy and Documentation Team, High Court and District Court Team handled few aviation matters on different issues. Over the years, we have developed reasonable expertise in aviation matters.
We have advised client over airline boarding issues and related claim.
“The ‘very responsible, responsive and knowledgeable’ Mohammed Forrukh Rahman heads the firm.”
– Legal 500, 2018
– Chambers & Partners, 2018.
Chambers offers a strong blend of legal acumen and industry knowledge in the Aviation sector. In recent years, our lawyers advised individuals, as well as large businesses, both foreign and domestic.
Aviation laws usually entertain all legal issue concerning aircraft and airport operations, including aircraft navigation and maintenance, air traffic control, safety and licensing requirements. The area of law is complex and requires expertise to handle.
We have following experiences:
- In 2018 we have successfully filed a winding up petition ( final hearing pending) against United Airways (BD) Ltd for Vector Aerospace Engine Services, a Canadian engine etc supplier for recovery of dues arising from lease of engine.
- We handled a litigation against GMG Airline Ltd, for recovery of service due.
- We advised cargo operator Mid Asia Airlines Ltd, on setting up business.
- We advised an foreign equipment supplier on several legal issues.
- We have advised individual passenger over disputes involving loss and damages arising from unlawful boarding refusal.
Our Services Includes
- Aviation Ownership & Lease Agreements.
- Aviation related Finance Transactions.
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Deaths.
- Aviation & Contract Disputes.
- Carriage of Goods by air.
- Aviation supplies and Repair agreements.
- Aviation Arbitration.
- Aviation recovery and other Litigation.
Our Related Clients
- Vector Aerospace Engine Services, Canada
- Aero Instruments & Avionics, Inc.
- Mid Asia Airlines Limited.