The Associate, Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team is an important member of the Team. He/she plays a crucial role in client handling and drafting several pleadings, agreements and providing legal opinions, under the guidance of the Head of Chambers & other senior members of the team. Drafting legal works of several departments and also day to day legal advisory works and opinions are provided through this team member. The person keeps liaison with clients and provide significant assistance with legal research. Mr. S.H. Taskeen Emon is our Associate, Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team.
Received Best Team of the year Award jointly with other Team members of Legal Consultancy and Documentation team in 2018
Mr. S.K. Taskeen Emon has successfully completed LLB from University of London (UK) and BPTC from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Post his graduation he has completed various mini-pupillage under senior lawyers practising in the district Judges’ Court of Bangladesh. Since joining Mr. Emon proved his strong intellectual ability to deal with complex shipping and construction matters. As a quick learner and devoted lawyer, he immensely assisting the firm in drafting, providing legal opinion and preparing complex agreements.
Mr. Emon was actively involved in the following major works successfully:
- Advised Bunge S. A., Switzerland on local arbitration laws, the applicability of foreign arbitral award in Bangladesh, whether arbitration clause will prevail in action in rem case and prepared an arbitration application to restrain the opposite side from selling off assets unless a foreign arbitral award is obtained in the area of Shipping.While international arbitration is pending in LMAA.
- Resolving the dispute out of court on a multiple collision matters at Chattogram anchorage securing ship owner’s interest on behalf of leading P & I Club for the vessel M.V. MIM SUPRAMAX VIVI.
- Advised a leading Japanese company and drafted construction agreement for the boundary, soil improvement, water excavation, etc. work involving their existing factory in an Export Processing Zone.
- Drafted EPC contract for a major Japanese company as employer for construction of captive power plant.
He is a member of both Shipping and Construction Departments.
- 2018 BPTC Manchester Metropolitan University
- 2013 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2009 HSC Notre Dame College
- 2007 SSC Saint Gregory High School
- 2018 Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2017 Junior Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2015-2017 Legal intern with a reputed law firm
Recognition and Award
- 2018 Best Team of The Year for Consultancy and documentation Team
- 2009 Scholarship HSC Exam
- 2007 Scholarship SSC Exam
- Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn