Ms. Shakina Akter is with the Chambers since 2017, who is a seasoned lawyer for bank documentation works, legal opinion, vetting. She has been consistently assisting in several legal research works, analysis and pleading drafting involving several litigations pending in District and magistrate court and High court involving financial crime, banking recovery. She plays a tremendous role in maintaining court schedule, updating and maintaining liaison with clients and senior colleagues on district court maters. She works from our Headquarters.
Ms. Shakina Akter completed LLB from University of London (UK) & LLM from Northern University of Bangladesh. She joined the Chambers in 2017. She is a Member of Dispute Resolution and Taxes & Finance Department. She is an associate & a member of District & Magistrate Court team. Before joining the Chambers she worked in Attorney’s (Legal & Management consultancy) as Junior Associate and also at M/s Chowdhury & Ullah. She was a Member of Viqarunnisa Noon Science Club .
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues.
- Advised and worked in the pleadings involving writ petition involving several clients over Banking and Finance matters.
- Advised and worked in the pleadings involving Saturn Textiles Ltd, in a matter related to fraudulent L/C documentation.
- Advised and worked in the pleadings involving Maersk Bangladesh Ltd in a title suit pending before District Court Dhaka.
- Advised and worked in the pleadings involving cheque dishour, several misappropriation and fraudulent related cases under penal code for a local garments company.
Taxes & Finance
- Provided several security documentation due diligence report to UBICO
- Provided several security documentation due diligence report to BIFFL
As a member of district & magistrate court team, she was involvedly in the following works:
- Acquisition of land related disputes involving a Japanese client at Adamjee Export Processing Zone.
- Wrote a chapter of a research project on Business Laws of Bangladesh for Union Resources & Engineering Company.
- Maintaining court schedule and liaison with clients
- 2013-LLM from Northern University
- 2011- LLB from University of London (UK),
- 2006-Diploma in Law from University of London (UK)
- 2004-Higher Secondary Certificates Viqarunnisa Noon School & College
- 2002-Secondery Secondary Certificates Sher-E-Bangla Balika School
Recognition & Award
- Team of the month of April 2017
- Employee of the month of August 2017
- 2017 Rahman’s Chambers
- 2016 Chowdhury & Ullah