Mr. A. M. Mustakimur Rahman, is a experienced tax lawyer presently associated with this firm as senior tax consultant. Mr. Rahman, a commerce graduate, started his carrier as a govt officer at Syedpur, Dinajpur. Later he switched his carrier as a businessman successfully. His concern M Rahman Traders, was a class one contractor of BADC was engaged in several projects for irrigation funded by world bank in Dinajpur area.
Later, he was licensed and certified as an Income Tax Practitioner in 1991 from National Board of Revenue, Dhaka. Mr. Rahman is a successful tax lawyer with experience of nearly 30 years. Mr. Rahman is engaged with different philanthropic works as originally started by Late Advocate Shamsuddin Ahmed.
Mr. A M Mustakimur Rahman started his carrier as a project implementation officer, under the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief at Rangpur. Under deputation he also worked for Bangladesh Consumer Supplies Corporation in Syedpur.
Later, he switched his carrier and started his own business under the name of M/s M. Rahman Traders. He worked in Shallow Irrigation Projects, Small Irrigation Projects, Deep Tube Well Irrigation Projects as funded by ADB and other donor agencies for BADC. He was also a first class contractor of Roads and Highway Department.
He started to advise on taxation maters since his enrollment as ITP in 1991. Mr. Rahman advises in the area of individual and corporate tax. Mr. Rahman was involved with the below taxation matters for the firm:
- Advising Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) a major MNC involving double taxation treaty benefits with its operation of branch office and several projects.
- Advising Itochu Corporation in the formation of a gratuity deposit fund trust and also assisted in the process of registering the trust with the National Board of Revenue to facilitate the process of claiming tax exemptions applicable for gratuity payment.
- Advising a multinational company regarding the applicability of Bangladeshi laws involving Customs and VAT, Tax on the donation of bi-products.
- Advising several corporate and individual clients in Tax Assessment and Filling of return.
Mr. Rahman also provides a crucial service for the Firm by acting as a trusted constituted attorney of few overseas client of the firm, who do not have local representatives in Bangladesh.
- Momentum International Trading INC.
- F MARITIME S.A.
- Ernst Komrowski holding KG (GmbH & CO.)
- Atrium Maritime S.A.
- Smooth Navigation S.A etc.
- Bachelor of Commerce ( Rajshahi)
- Income Tax Practitioner (1991), Dhaka
- Income Tax Consultant
- Proprietor, M Rahman Traders
- Govt job
- Dinajpur Taxes Bar Association