Information Technology is now the Integral part of companies’ life. There are unique regulatory compliance within each jurisdiction and distinct reporting obligations. Besides, so much data is placed in the electronic format by each company/individual that tailor-made agreement is essential for each transaction to avoid various potential risk. Information technology lawyers are engaged into transaction-based legal services involving drafting and negotiating agreements. Due to increase of cyber-crime and hacking with help of computer or mobile phone involving money and also infringement of privacy, confidentiality and other rights and also imposition of penalty for infringement by data controller etc., Information Technology lawyers also counsel clients on regulatory issues involving information technology, data security, and domestic and international privacy regulations, directives, and standards. The legal services are in demand for filing and defending cases filed in cyber tribunal located in Dhaka Judge Court and Cyber Appellate Tribunal.
“…Further sources report that “he tries to understand the client’s needs and also offers options.”
– Chambers & Partners, 2020
Mr. Mohammed Forrukh Rahman has been ranked (Band II) for Corporate & Finance.
– Chambers & Partners, 2019
“Their response times are excellent and they make you feel generally very well informed.”
– Chambers & Partners, 2018
The firm gave very clear advice on several aspects involving IT and e-commerce and also impact of the FOREX rules and regulation over operating and making transactions through our mobile applications which are primarily targeted for our other retail clients globally.
We strongly recommend the services of the IT department for their proven ability, knowledge, and expertise to deal with IT and related matters for any client who needs such services in Bangladesh.
Our completed works include:
- We have successfully represented the Central Bank in a high profile negotiation and mutual consultation involving a million dollar dispute over IT contract involving the implementation of a national payment switch throughout the country by a Singaporean IT Company.
- We have also advised a number of companies over IT issues, most notably IQOPTION EUROPE, IQOPTION INTERNATIONAL, etc.
- Advised a US based company, FamaCash, on MFS licensing and conducted due diligence in setting up a Fintech company on Joint Venture basis with a local company.
- Conducted due diligence for a company, on different aspect of IT law which includes MFS, PSP, mobile financing app for microfinancing and e-wallet.
- Advised a French Fintech company on app based micro mobile financing and e-wallet licensing.
- Reviewed several procurement contracts, applicable Oracle policy and guidelines and advised Shenzhen Star Instrument Co. ltd on the contractual terms and obligations involving a dispute on supply of Oracle license to users; Govt entities.
We assist client in drafting outsourcing, e-commerce, procurement, consulting services, saas (software as a service), cloud computing, hosting, hardware and software support and maintenance, server management outsourcing agreements etc. We also assist technology companies over licensing, IP matters, data and content acquisition licenses, software license agreements, software development agreements e.g. mobile applications, hardware sale and rental agreements, acquiring, or sell technology and computer-related products and services.
The Chambers assist in the following ways:
- Counsel clients on regulatory issues involving information technology, data security, and
- Counsel clients on domestic and international privacy regulations, directives, and standards
- Filing and defending cases filed in cyber tribunal located in Dhaka Judge Court and
- Filing and defending cases filed in Cyber Appellate Tribunal.
The Chambers assist in the following ways:
- Produce proof and assisting with electronic evidence
- Electronic signature Compliance
Our Related Clients
- IQ Option Europe and IQ Option International
- Bangladesh Submarine Cable Ltd
- Data Path Ltd.
- Sonali Polaris FT Limited
- IT Grow Division Limited.(JV)
- Future International Development PTE. Ltd
- ZTE Soft Limited
- Music Group IP Ltd
- Sabrostar Fruit Company S.A
- UAE Bangladesh Investment Company Limited (UBICO)