Mr. Abdur Rahman Junaid, since joining with us in 2017 as a trainee, continued to impress the Chambers with his sincerity and dedication. In the last four years, he was involved in a wide range of legal works of a number of departments and helped the Chambers to render the services ensuring high quality. He is through with his research and analysis and is very meticulous with his work. His major recent works where he proved himself as a valuable member of the Chambers is relating to the due diligence involving fiscal incentives available within SAARC countries under bilateral/multilateral treaties between Bangladesh, India and other SAARC countries for export and import of few specified items for Sesa Care.
Mr. Abdur Rahman Junaid completed Diploma in Law, LLB (2015) from University of London (UK) & LL.M in International Law and Human Rights from London South Bank University, UK in 2016. Prior to joining the Chambers, Mr. Rahman worked in the education and social welfare & development sector. Mr. Rahman joined the Chambers in 2017. He completed his internship/pupillage with the Chambers and joined as an junior associate. Later in the same year he was promoted to the associate position. At the time of joining he was a member of corporate and commercial department, which allowed him to gain experience in various corporate and commercial transactions and litigations. Due his keen interest and knowledge on the International laws he was transferred to International department to deal with more cross border transactions.
He is an associate and a member of Consultancy and Documentation Team. Besides his regular role, he also efficiently and competently assist the Chambers in managing the affairs of Kakrail branch, as Kakrail exec.
- Conducted due diligence involving fiscal incentives available within SAARC countries under bilateral/multilateral treaties between Bangladesh, India and other SAARC countries for export and import of few specified items for Sesa Care.
- Advised TEBIAN (TBEA) China, a Fortune 500 MNC on double taxation, investment treaty and public international law matters involving Bangladesh.
- Vetted and drafted Sales contract and Pro-forma Invoices for several Garments and Textiles, for example, Saturn Textiles Limited, How Are You Textiles Limited etc
- Vetted trade documents and LC documents for several Bank and Financial Institutions such as Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited, First Security Islami Bank Limited etc.
- Drafting Factoring Agreement signed between First Security Islami Bank Limited & PrimaDollar regarding factoring of international trade receivable.
- Advised a major construction and engineering company from China named First Northeast Electric Power Engineering Co. (NEPC) on converting temporary import of equipment into permanent imports.
As a consultancy and documentation team member, he was involved in the below works:
- Drafting legal notices, Winding Up petition for Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic against a local Airline.
- Advised client on recovering outstanding dues involving supply of aeronautical parts and equipment against two major local airlines in Bangladesh.
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues. The Exec of a branch assist the management team with day to day management of that branch.
- 2016 Master of Laws in Int. Laws and Human Rights (LL.M), LSBU, UK
- 2015 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2011 Diploma in Law, University of London (UK)
Recognition and Award
- Achieved Best Team Performer Certificate – August 2017
- Achieved Best Individual Performer Certificate – November 2017
- 2017- till now-Associate- Rahman’s Chambers
- 2017- Trainee- Rahman’s Chambers