The Attaché of a branch fills up casual vacancy of senior management staff in suitable cases and deals with few delicate management issues if so required. As an Associate, he is an experienced member of a Department / Team, senior to the Junior Associates of the Firm.
Mr. Abdur Rahman Junaid completed his LLB from University of London (UK), Diploma in Law from University of London (UK) & LL.M in International Law and Human Rights from London South Bank University, UK. Prior to joining the Chambers, Mr. Junaid has previous experiences in the education and social welfare & development sector. Since joining in 2017 Mr. Rahman was a member of corporate and commercial department, which allowed him to gain experience in various corporate and commercial transactions and litigations. It is realized by the Chambers that his knowledge on the International laws is sound hence he has been placed to International department to deal with more complex transactions. Besides his regular role, he also efficiently and competently assist Head of Chambers in managing the affairs of Kakrail branch.
- Conducted due diligence involving fiscal incentives available within SAARC countries under bilateral/multilateral treaties between Bangladesh, India and other SAARC countries for export and import of few specified items for Sesa Care.
- Advised TEBIAN (TBEA) China, a Fortune 500 MNC on double taxation, investment treaty and public international law matters involving Bangladesh.
- Advised a major construction and engineering company from China named First Northeast Electric Power Engineering Co. (NEPC) on converting temporary import of equipment into permanent imports.
- We have vetted and drafted Sales contract and Pro-forma Invoices for several Garments and Textiles, for example, Saturn Textiles Limited, How Are You Textiles Limited etc
- We have vetted trade documents and LC documents for several Bank and Financial Institutions such as Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited, First Security Islami Bank Limited etc.
- Advised client on recovering outstanding dues involving supply of aeronautical parts and equipment against two major local airlines in Bangladesh.
- Drafting legal notices, Winding Up petition for Vector Aerospace Engine Services- Atlantic against a local Airline.
- Drafted Provident Fund policy & also Provident Fund Trust deed for Giant Agro Limited.
- Drafting Factoring Agreement signed between First Security Islami Bank Limited & PrimaDollar regarding factoring of international trade receivable.
- 2016 Master of Laws in Int. Laws and Human Rights (LL.M), LSBU, UK
- 2015 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2011 Diploma in Law, University of London (UK)
Recognition and Award
- Achieved Best Team Performer Certificate – August 2017
- Achieved Best Individual Performer Certificate – November 2017
- 2017- till now-Associate- Rahman’s Chambers
- 2017- Trainee- Rahman’s Chambers