Ms. Anika Bushra Tabassum despite being a new addition to the Firm has demonstrated strong analytical ability. She is a hardworking and talented lawyer, who is eager for career advancement through continuous learning. She has got excellent ability to complete new and challenging work within deadlines.
Mr. Anika Bushra Tabassum has completed her LLB from the University of London and Bar Professional Training (BPT) from Northumbria University in 2020. Post-graduation, she has had prior experience working at a reputed law firm before joining Rahman’s Chambers in 2022 as an Intern following which she has been promoted to an associate lawyer & a member of the Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team. Ms. Tabassum is presently a member of the Shipping Department and Commercial Department.
- Advising and drafting pleading for Intgr8, the UK regarding a claim against local bunker supplier.
- Assisted in a collision matter at Chattogram anchorage securing ship owner’s interest on behalf of leading P & I Club.
- Dispute Resolution for Spark F.M AGRO FOODS LTD of KDS Group involving claim of breach of contract arising from failure to provide notice of arrival of a Fully Automatic Rice Milling Plant (Boiler) and consequential loss and damages.
- Advised How Are You Textiles Ltd on issues involving supply of fabrics and non payment under back to back LC.
- Advised an MNC on matters involving appointing an EPC contractor for the construction of a steel building for their project at Savar.
As a Legal Consultancy team member, advised on the following matters
- HS codes-related disputes involving textiles machinery for a multinational company.
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues.
- 2020 BPT Northumbria University, Newcastle
- 2018 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2015 A’Levels, Bangladesh International Tutorial (BIT)
- 2013 O’ Levels Bangladesh International Tutorial (BIT)
- Barrister, Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- 2022 Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2021 Intern, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2021 Associate, Jural Acuity.
- Member, Barristers’ Association of Bangladesh