The Associate, Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team is an important member of the Team. He/she plays a crucial role in client handling and drafting several pleadings, agreements and providing legal opinions, under the guidance of the Head of Chambers & other senior members of the team. Drafting legal works of several departments and also day to day legal advisory works and opinions are provided through this team member. The person keeps liaison with clients and provide significant assistance with legal research. Mr. SM Akib Zamil is our Associate, Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team.
Mr. SM Akib Zamil has completed LLB from University of London with Higher second class marks and BPTC from City University, London. Post his graduation he has completed one mini-pupillage with a reputed law firm. He is an associate of Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team. As a team member he has been involved in several opinion writing, drafting and vetting of agreements assignments. He also worked on bank security documentation.
Mr. Zamil is a team member of our Shipping Department. As a member he has been involved in a number of important drafting of pleading for shipping cases. His notable works are:
- Advising and drafting pleading for Intgr8, UK regarding claim against local bunker supplier.
- Assisted in a collision matters at Chattogram anchorage securing ship owner’s interest on behalf of leading P & I Club.
He is a member of Construction Departments and has been involved a few disputes involving construction, procurement etc.
- 2019 BPTC City University, London
- 2015 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2009 HSC Dhaka College
- 2007 SSC Motijheel Model High School
- 2019 Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
Recognition and Award
- Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn