Mr. SM Akib Zamil has strong analytical ability. He is hard working and talented lawyer, who is eager for career advancement through continuous learning. He has got excellent ability to complete new and challenging work within deadline. The Chambers is significantly benefited by his through legal research, analysis. He never failed to impress his seniors with his finding, which often opens a completely new dimension of a particular case. His latest impressive work includes detailed legal research and factual investigation involving a collision at Chittagong port which opened a new dimension of a pending dispute.
Mr. SM Akib Zamil has completed LLB from University of London with 2:1 (Higher Second Class) and BPTC from City University, London and was called to the Bar at Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London in 2019. Post his graduation he has completed one mini-pupillage with a reputed law firm. He joined Rahman’s Chambers in 2019. He is an associate lawyer & a member of Legal Consultancy and Documentation Team. Barrister Zamil is presently member of Shipping Department and Commercial Department. He was a member of Shipping and Construction Department till 2020.
Mr. Zamil was a champion of Inter Class Debate Champion of Dhaka College. While at school he was a member of a non-profitable Charity Organization.
- Advising and drafting pleading for Intgr8, UK regarding claim against local bunker supplier.
- Assisted in a collision matters at Chattogram anchorage securing ship owner’s interest on behalf of leading P & I Club.
- Dispute Resolution for Spark F.M AGRO FOODS LTD of KDS Group involving claim of breach of contract arising from failure to provide notice of arrival of a Fully Automatic Rice Milling Plant (Boiler) and consequential loss and damages.
- Advised How Are You Textiles Ltd on issues involving supply of fabrics and non payment under back to back LC.
- Advised an MNC on matters involving appointing an EPC contractor for the construction of a steel building for their project at Savar.
As a Legal Consultancy team member he advised on the following matters
- HS codes related disputes involving a textiles machinery for a mutational company.
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues.
- 2019 BPTC City University, London
- 2015 Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (UK)
- 2009 HSC Dhaka College
- 2007 SSC Motijheel Model High School
- Barrister, Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- 2019 Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2018 Intern, Sattar & Co.
- Member, Barristers’ Association of Bangladesh