Mr. AKM Tafazzal Hossain, a registered Profession Engineer (PEng.) since 2002, with over 26 years of experience in the Power and Energy sector of Bangladesh has extensive work experience whilst working in both Governmental bodies (Power Cell, Ministry of Power), semi-Governmental bodies (Bangladesh Power Development Board, BPDB), in Bangladesh and also foreign institutions (Asian Development Bank, etc) alike. In addition to his vast and diversified professional working experience, he has also been active in the academic forefront of his relevant field having authored various research papers and publications and had also conducted key seminars and workshops in his related field of expertise.
Mr. Hossain’s experiences include:
- Project Management at several MNOs, including (ABD, JICA)
- Project Consultant IPP power projects
- Techno-Financial Feasibility Study
- Due Diligence and Consultancy
- Construction/Installation supervision
- Policy formulation, solicitation and Project sponsorship
- Development of Tariff model for IPP power projects.
- Procurement of IPP power plant machinery and equipment
- Design, Engineering, Procurement and Project Management
- Operation and Management of IPP power plant projects.
The External Consultants of Rahman’s Chambers are a significant addition to the Firm as they bring their vast and diverse expertise in their respective fields, upon requirement, and may also partake in a good number of legal and/or consultancy works of complex nature on account of their experience and knowledge thereby enchance the Firm’s overall capacity and ensuring the best possible services rendered to all our respected Clients. Being regarded as senior members of the Firm, the External Consultants shall directly liaise with the Head of Chambers and/or Divisional Head(s) of the Firm whist also acting in a supervisory capacity to the junior members of the concerned Departments of the Firm.
- BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (CUET) 1989
- MSc in Electrical Power Engineering (BUET) 1997
- MBA (West Coast University, UK) 2002
- PEng (registered as a Professional Engineer; Electrical) – 2002
- Licensed Electrical Supervisor (GoB) – 2001
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
- Member of Bangladesh Computer Society