Mr. Amir Hossain Sarker is associated with the firm from the very inception. He has significant knowledge and filed level work experience in the area of investment, business setup, corporate, real estate and taxation transactions and related services. He was involved in setting up more than a dozens of private limited companies. Besides, he was involved in setting up other entities e.g. NGO, Society, Trust, Partnership firms etc. for the Chambers. His most recent works, include conducting several legal due diligence for M&A(Land Acquisition) for Gildan, preparation of individual (expat and non-resident) tax return.
Mr. Amir Hossain Sarker has completed his LL.B, B. Com, M. Com under the National University. He is advocate of Judge Court. Mr. Amir is registered member of Dhaka Bar Association.
Mr. Amir Hossain Sarker works in the Investment Department for nearly 8 yearsout of his total 14 years experience with the Chambers. Mr. Amir has vast experience of working in Registrar of Joint stock of companies and Firms and other government offices like tax, VAT etc. on registration, filing and approval of return, search matters. He deals with foreign investment and corporate return filing matters. He is now a Deputy head of Investment Department and also a senior member of Corporate Department. He is a senior member of Foreign Investment and Business Setup team.
He was in charge of District Court team for nearly 6 years and handled several litigation in district and Magistrate Court. He was involved in many litigation e.g. Money Recovery Suits, Dishonour of Cheques, Land related disputes etc.
Mr. Sarker advises on share transfer, take over, share acquisition, annual return filing and also assist client in several corporate issues involving taxation, general meetings, share dilution etc. The significant projects completed by Mr. Sarker:
- Setting up business for China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC).
- Setting up TBEA CO., LTD., a company and also Branch office one of the major Chinese manufacturer of power transformers and other electrical equipment, and a developer of transmission projects
- Formation of Data path limited, MRS BD Ltd etc.
- Incorporated local subsidiary for US based Ralph Lauren Corp. namely, “Ralph Lauren Sourcing Ltd” in Bangladesh.
- Setting up business for 100 % American outsourcing company based in Texas.
- Assisted in setting up a branch office and with immigration formalities of employees for NEPC-3 for construction and engineering of bridges etc. from China.
- Assisted in setting up liaison office for the First Engineering Bureau of Henan Water Conservancy(CHWE), China for dam and embankmentconstruction work.
- Setting up IT companies originally from Russia and Lithuania.
- opened a number of companies limited by guarantee for different associations/ group of people.
- opened a number of social business companies for local entrepreneurs.
- Assisted in setting up IT companies originally from Russia and Lithuania.
Investment Visas & Security Clearance
- Assisted in setting up liaison office and with immigration formalities, i.e., E-visa recommendation, E-visa, Work Permit, Security Clearance, extension of E-visa, etc., for NEPC-1 for construction and engineering of power project from China.
- Setting up business and with immigration formalities of employees for Shakti Pumps (India) Ltd.
- Work permit and security clearance for several employee of Uttara Foods.
Legal Due Diligence
- Conducted Due Diligence involving M&A of SDS International Limited.
- Legal Due Diligence several other companies.
- Conducted several land due diligence for a number of MNCs most recently Gildan.
- Advised Saturn textiles, conducted Due diligence, negotiated and prepared all transaction documents for 100% Share acquisition and Takeover of Rancon Sweaters Ltd, owned by Danish shareholders involving contingent tax liabilities.
- Advised Saturn textiles, negotiated and prepared all transaction documents for 100% Share sale and Takeover of Rancon Sweaters Ltd, by an A K Khan entity and MU Union, Kong Kong
- Advised and assisted Oriental Container Line regarding the takeover of the company by another OOCL; a Hong Kong-based company as part of a global takeover.
Increase of Shares/ Annual return
- Annual Return filing and other formalities, holding General Meeting and assisting in other corporate affairs etc for Saturn Textiles for several years
- Several Return filing at RJSC for Saturn Textiles and share transfer approvals of many other companies.
- Tax filing and assessment support for corporate and individuals clients.
- Conducted several Legal Due Diligence involving land for a number of MNCs most recently Gildan.
As a member of Foreign Investment and Business setup team, he assists client on income tax return filing mostly for expat and non resident Bangladeshi.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- 2012- Senior Associate, Legal Services Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2006-2011- Associate, District & Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2000 – LL.B from National University.
- 2000- M. Com from National University
- 1997-B. Com from National University.
Recognition & Award
- 2016- Best Individual Performer of the Year Award
- 2006 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.