The role of the Deputy Head of the Firm is only subordinate to that of the Head of Chambers and the Divisional Head. He/she is mostly required in a large Department of the Firm.
Mr. Amir Hossain Sarker has completed his LL.B, B. Com, M.Com under the National University. He is advocate of Judge Court. Mr. Amir is registered member of Dhaka Bar Association.
Mr. Amir Hossain Sarker works in the Investment Department for nearly 8 years out of his total 14 years experience with the Chambers. Mr. Amir has vast experience of working in Registrar of Joint stock of companies and Firms and other government offices like tax, VAT etc. on registration, filing and approval of return, search matters. He deals with foreign investment and corporate return filing matters. Previously, Mr. Amir was in charge of in handling cases in Distract and magistrate court matters. He is now a Deputy head of Investment Department and also a senior member of Corporate Department.
Mr. Sarker is associated with the firm from the very inception. Before joining Investment department he was in charge of District Court team for nearly 6 years as a lead counsel in district and Magistrate Court. He was involved in many litigation e.g. Money Recovery Suits, Dishonour of Cheques, Land related disputes etc.He has developed significant expertise in the area of business setup services. He was involved in setting up more than a dozens of private limited companies and was actively involved in procuring business licenses. Besides, he was also assisted the firm in setting up other entities e.g. NGO, Society, Trust, Partnership firms etc.
Me. Sarker advises on share transfer, take over, share acquisition, annual return filing and also assist client in several corporate issues involving taxation, general meetings, share dilution etc. The significant projects completed by Mr. Sarker:
- Setting up business for China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC).
- Setting up TBEA CO., LTD., a company and also Branch office one of the major Chinese manufacturer of power transformers and other electrical equipment, and a developer of transmission projects
- Formation of Data path limited, MRS BD Ltd etc.
- Incorporated local subsidiary for US based Ralph Lauren Corp. namely, “Ralph Lauren Sourcing Ltd” in Bangladesh.
- Setting up business for 100 % American outsourcing company based in Texas.
- Assisted in setting up a branch office and with immigration formalities of employees for NEPC-3 for construction and engineering of bridges etc. from China.
- Assisted in setting up liaison office for the First Engineering Bureau of Henan Water Conservancy(CHWE), China for dam and embankment construction work.
- Setting up IT companies originally from Russia and Lithuania.
- opened a number of companies limited by guarantee for different associations/ group of people.
- opened a number of social business companies for local entrepreneurs.
- Assisted in setting up IT companies originally from Russia and Lithuania.
Investment Visas & Security Clearance
- Assisted in setting up liaison office and with immigration formalities, i.e., E-visa recommendation, E-visa, Work Permit, Security Clearance, extension of E-visa, etc., for NEPC-1 for construction and engineering of power project from China.
- Setting up business and with immigration formalities of employees for Shakti Pumps (India) Ltd.
- Work permit and security clearance for several employee of Uttara Foods.
Legal Due Diligence
- Conducted Due Diligence involving M&A of SDS International Limited.
- Legal Due Diligence several other companies.
- Advised Saturn textiles, conducted Due diligence, negotiated and prepared all transaction documents for 100% Share acquisition and Takeover of Rancon Sweaters Ltd, owned by Danish shareholders involving contingent tax liabilities.
- Advised Saturn textiles, negotiated and prepared all transaction documents for 100% Share sale and Takeover of Rancon Sweaters Ltd, by an A K Khan entity and MU Union, Kong Kong
- Advised and assisted Oriental Container Line regarding the takeover of the company by another OOCL; a Hong Kong-based company as part of a global takeover.
Increase of Shares/ Annual return
- Annual Return filing and other formalities, holding General Meeting and assisting in other corporate affairs etc for Saturn Textiles for several years
- Several Return filing at RJSC for Saturn Textiles and share transfer approvals of many other companies.
- Tax filing and assessment support for corporate and individuals clients.–
- 2012- Senior Associate, Legal Services Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2006-2011- Associate, District & Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2000 – LL.B from National University.
- 2000- M. Com from National University
- 1997-B. Com from National University.
Recognition & Award
- 2016- Best Individual Performer of the Year Award
- 2006 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.