In several occasion over the last five years, Mr. Khandaker Mashfique Ahmed demonstrated his excellent ability to understand a critical issue instinctively. As an experienced member of the Chambers he plays valuable role in framing policy and overall growth of the Chambers. He is meticulous with his legal work and very experienced in M&A, Foreign Investment and also good at Shipping matters. His latest major work includes: M&A(Share Acquisition) works between Maruha Nichiro with A K Khan & Co.; Foreign Investment & Business setup work for Ralph Lauren etc. He works from Headquarters.
Mr Khandaker Mashfique Ahmed completed Diploma in Law and LL. B (Hons) from University of London. He also completed his Master of Laws (LL.M) on International Business & Commercial Law from Isles International University, UK. Before joining the firm, Mr. Ahmed worked with two major corporate law firms. While working for the Shipping department for last 5 years, Mr. Ahmed developed expertise in the areas of Admiralty. He has been a member of Corporate department from 2016 to 2018. This gave him exposure to few corporate transactions specially M&A(Share Acquisition). Mr. Ahmed joined Investment department since 2018. He has been actively involved in a number of complex transactions involving joint venture, exit, investing inn different zones etc. He is appointed as an coordinator since 2017.
- Drafted shipbuilding contract between Narayangonj Engineering & Shipbuilding Ltd. (NESL) and Bashundhara Group involving the building of tanker/cargo/LPG vessels at the respective party’s shipyard using yard site, infrastructure, equipment’s, administrative and other services.
- Provided legal consultancy to Intraco Lines Ltd and drafted joint venture agreement formed between Intraco Lines Ltd and CGFK Trading Co. Ltd.
- Drafted plaint/application in admiralty suit filed for MV Magnum Force against Bangladesh Navy.
- Drafted plaint/application in admiralty suit filed for MV Mim Supramax Vivi against MV Asad-2, MV Halicapnassus V & MV Amazonit.
- Drafted Plaint in admiralty suit filed by Integrate Fuels Inc. against Port Fuel supplies Co. relating to supply to MV Ocean Glory.
- Conducted DueDiligence in both Chittagong Export Processing Zone (EPZ) and Mongla Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and on upcoming economic zones such as Karnaphuli Export Processing Zone, Adamjee Export Processing Zone etc for a major Japanese company for establishment of a Tobacco company in Bangladesh. Also advised on several investment options, exit, repatriation, taxation etc. as available in both (within and outside) various EPZs and SEZs.
- Drafted joint venture agreement for VKC Group.
- Drafted Vendor Agreement for Maruhisa Pacific Co. Ltd.
- Drafted Tripartite Agreement for NRB Equity Management Ltd.
- Assisted an investor from the USA in joint venture investment in a toy company in Chittagong and completed all formalities with RJSC. In the same project, we have also assisted a foreign shareholder in share valuation and also seeking permission of Central Bank for taking the exit from the company by selling all shares and repatriating the proceeds of sale in foreign currency.
As a member of legal consultancy and documentation team, he assisted the team in the below matters:
- Advised a co-owner of GMS Composite on M&A related matters and Demerger in its corporate restructuring.
- Advised and assited in the Share Transfer for a Hong Kong based company namely Vanessa Enterprise ltd.
A Coordinator plays crucial role in the day to day operation of the Chambers. As a lawyer he/she often fills up causal vacancies and also provides critical assistance in building a bridge between the works of the management staff and overall activities of law Chambers.
- 2017 Masters of Law (LL.M), Isles International University, UK.
- 2013 PGDL, City Law School, City University, UK.
- 2011 Bachelor of Laws (LL. B), University of London.
- 2008 Diploma in Law, University of London.
- 2017 till now-Coordinator & Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2016- Associate, Legal Consultancy Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- M/s Ahmed Junaid & Partners
Recognition and Award
- Achieved Best Performer Certificate -March 2017.
- Achieved Best team Performer Certificate -August 2017.