Mr. Md. Ashari Islam enhanced Chambers inhouse capacity since his joining. He works from Headquarters and contributes significantly in finalizing case theory, legal research, factual analysis and finally drafting pleadings. He has long working experience as in-house lawyer in different industries and business sectors. He also has practical knowledge and experience and strong ability in handling different kind of agreements involving commercial transactions. Mr. Uddin is a the member of commercial Department which are ranked under Shipping by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “Rahman’s Chambers has a specialist shipping law practice in Bangladesh, covering the full scope of maritime issues including ship arrests, marine insurance, bills of lading and admiralty. The team is also active on collision cases, often representing international P&I clubs and shipping companies….”
Mr. Uddin is also a member of Dispute Resolution Department which is ranked under Dispute Resolution by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “Rahman’s Chambers houses a well-regarded litigation practice in Bangladesh…” In 2022, their editorial also added “One source states: ‘Their solution-based and customer-oriented approach is enormously helpful in reaching the best solution.’ Another client reports that the team is ‘very fast in taking the necessary steps”.
Mr. Mohammad Nasir Uddin completed his LLB (Hon’s) and LLM from the University of Chittagong in 2000 and 2001 respectively. He enrolled as an advocate of Dhaka Judge court in 2005 and became a member of Dhaka Bar Association. Mr. Uddin joined the Chambers in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Nasir Uddin was the law officer of multiple reputed corporate entities in Bangladesh, where he handled a number of issues, disputes, and day to day corporate legal affairs before the relevant Courts, tribunals and institutional bodies of Bangladesh. He also has long standing working experience in corporate/commercial matters in the legal department of large organisations in Bangladesh such as APEX Leathers, ACME Lab. etc
The both departments where Mr. Uddin is a member are ranked by Chambers and Partners.
He has been involved in several cases related to fraud involving LC and commercial documents and transactions both in lower and higher judiciary. Having successfully completed the following assignments for the firm:
- Cases involving documentary fraud on behalf of a number o clients involving the supply of defective fabrics, raw material of RMG, LC payment etc in lower court and also higher court.
- Drafting of pleadings involving a number of civil revision involving payment under sales contract/proforma invoice/LC related disputes/
- Drafting of local Arbitration pleadings involving payment under sales contract/proforma invoice/LC related disputes.
- Advised a number of companies in drafting commercial lease agreement for several years and advised a few of them in registering the same.
As a member of Supreme Court team, he often involves in drafting pleadings of Writs, quashment, revision/appeal etc. As a team member he was involved in the below matters:
- Proceeding under Foods Safety Act 2013 brought before special magistrate court by filing quashment proceedings before Hon’ble High Court Division against KB Foods Ltd of Khan Bahadur Group.
- Challenging the order of RAJUK involving a commercial building located in Banani.
- His notable most recent works includes supervising, advising, conducting legal research and finalizing pleasing and case theory involving a LC payment related disputes for Swiss Singapore Overseas Enterp PTE Ltd, a concern of Adita Birla group.
Senior Associate is next to Deputy Head of a Department. Although he/she does not have any role of supervising other members of the team or the department, he/she is experienced and skilled enough to independently carrying out their task. The person mostly focuses on the task at hand and tries to ensures best outcome.
- 2001 – LL.M from University of Chittagong.
- 2000 – LL.B (Hon’s) from University of Chittagong.
- Member, Dhaka Bar Association
- 2005 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
- Rahman’s Chambers (2019 – onwards)
- Legal Adviser – Excel Telecom (Pvt.) Limited (2018 – 2019)
- Assistant Manager (Legal) – Apex Footwear Limited (2012 -2018)
- Senior Executive – The ACME Laboratories Limited (2008 – 2012)
- Executive Legal Operations – Building For Future Limited (2007 – 2008)