Mr. Md Noor Imtiaz has the courage to face any challenge and determination to accomplish any task at hand how so ever difficult that might be. As an ADR, Land, Tribunals team member, in order to to meet a deadline, he is often required to travel out of station on short notice to attend a hearing or office . He never loose his interest or enthusiasm. He is through with his work and legal research. He has deep understanding on customs rules and regulations and enormously helped the Chambers with several customs and related tribunals matters since his joining in 2018. He works from our Headquarters.
Mr. Imtiaz completed LL.B from the University of London. He has also completed his LL.M. with specialized on International Law from a reputed University of Bangladesh. He joined the Chambers in 2018. Mr. Imtiaz is a member of the Corporate and International department. He is an Associate lawyer & a member of ADR, Land and Tribunal team. As a team member of ADR, Land and Tribunal team, he has been involved with drafting, filing and some hearing of several a Customs, Vat, Tax related matters pending in several tribunals for different clients Philips, OFMA etc.
- Advised a number of companies in drafting commercial lease agreement for several years and advised a few of them in registering the same.
- Conducted Due Diligence and assisted client with registration of long term lease involving industrial building.
- Handled several joint venture land development and building construction agreement and power of attorney for and against the developer.
- Advised TEBIAN (TBEA) China, a Fortune 500 MNC on double taxation, investment treaty and public international law matters involving Bangladesh.
- Consultation on teaming Agreement between Koch Membrane Systems, Inc. and Waste 3R Solutions Ltd. for supply of membrane products
- Advised PPD on procurement and installation of water treatment plant
- In 2018 we have advised MAN Industries (India) Ltd. on Arbitration proceedings under Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC), finality and enforcement of foreign.
As a ADR, Land and Tribunals team member, he was involved in the below works:
- Assisted in successful completion of two arbitration for Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) in the area of Banking and were successfully able to persuade the tribunal to pass awards in our Client’s favor involving the recovery of outstanding dues Borrowers.
- Assisted in institutional arbitration proceeding with BIAC between Maruhisa vs Bengla Palli.
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients and often on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M), Eastern University, (2019)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London, (2016)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Gazipur Cantonment College, (2007)
Awards & Recognition
- Achieved Best Performer of the Month Certificate – June 2019
- 2018-Associate, Rahman’s Chambers