The Associate of the Firm is an experienced member of a Department / Team, senior to the Junior Associates of the Firm.
Mr. Imtiaz completed his LL.B from the University of London. He has also completed his LL.M. specialized on International Law from a reputed University of Bangladesh. Mr. Imtiaz has immense experience of drafting statements of claims, drafting written statements & drafting witness statement etc. for ADR matters and several applications, letter, pleading etc. for tribunals.
Mr. Imtiaz is currently an Associate member of ADR, Land and Tribunal team and also a member of the Dispute Resolution and International department.
As a team member of ADR, Land and Tribunal team, he has been involved with drafting, filing and some hearing of several Customs, Vat, Tax related matters pending in several tribunals for different clients Philips, OFMA etc.
- Assisted in successful completion of two arbitration for Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) in the area of Banking and were successfully able to persuade the tribunal to pass awards in our Client’s favor involving the recovery of outstanding dues Borrowers.
- Assisted in institutional arbitration proceeding with BIAC between Maruhisa vs Bengla Palli.
- Advised TEBIAN (TBEA) China, a Fortune 500 MNC on double taxation, investment treaty and public international law matters involving Bangladesh.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M), Eastern University, (2019)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London, (2016)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Gazipur Cantonment College, (2007)
Awards & Recognition
- Achieved Best Performer of the Month Certificate – June 2019
- Associate, Rahman’s Chambers