Associate ADR, Land and Tribunal team plays important role in day to day communication with clients, providing updates on local and international arbitration, mediation and also cases before various tribunals on regular basis. He/she maintains liaison with clients and senior members of the team and departments in which he/she belongs. He/she also plays important role in conducting legal research, drafting various petitions for the concerned departments.
Mr. Imtiaz completed his LL.B from the University of London. He has also completed his LL.M. specialized on International Law from a reputed University of Bangladesh. Mr. Imtiaz has immense experience of drafting statements of claims, drafting written statements & drafting witness statement etc. for ADR matters and several applications, letter, pleading etc. for tribunals.
Mr. Imtiaz is currently an Associate member of ADR, Land and Tribunal team and also a member of the Dispute Resolution and International department.
Our Dispute Resolution and International Department have several landmark achievement, notably:
- We acted as a local counsel for KomrowskiMaritim GMBH, Germany in an international arbitration taking place in London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA) and German Maritime Arbitration Association (GMAA) and successfully assisted the client in discharging an interim injunction order passed by a local court in Bangladesh involving Shipbuilding Contract.
- We represented UK P&I Club and the owner of M.V. SUPRAMAX VIVI in a collusion matter which took place in Bangladesh but the Parties chose Singapore are a forum and decided not to appear before Bangladesh Courts. As Bangladesh counsel we worked together with HFW, an international law firm and were actively involved in advising, drafting based on private international law principles challenging the jurisdiction of Singapore.
- In 2018 we have successfully completed two arbitrations for Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) in the area of Banking and were successfully able to persuade the tribunal to pass awards in our Client’s favor involving the recovery of outstanding dues against BhelabazarShamazUnnayanSangstha (BSUS) and Kamrul Bio Gas & Compost Fertilizer Research Development Company Limited. Suits for enforcement of arbitral awards have been filed.
- In 2018 we have successfully completed arbitration for Knight Frank Development Ltd. in the area of construction & engineering. We represented the developer before the tribunal and argued on legal implications of Joint Venture (JV) Agreements, Mortgage, Power of Attorney (POA) and several contractual terms and conditions involving termination, force majeure, delay, contractual remedies etc.
- Upon receiving the appointment as mediator by BIAC we have successfully commenced mediation proceedings between a Bank and Borrows on more than one occasions.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M), Eastern University, (2019)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London, (2016)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Gazipur Cantonment College, (2007)
Awards & Recognition
To be published soon…
To be published soon…