Ms. Shahinoor Alam as a regular practitioner of high court tremendously contribute to the ability of the Chambers in resolving disputes. She assisted in disposing several cases on judicial review, revision, appeal, taxation references etc. She works from our Supreme Court Bar Association room and a member of our IT & IP Department & Dispute Resolution Department, which is ranked by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “Rahman’s Chambers houses a well-regarded litigation practice in Bangladesh…” In 2022, their editorial also added “One source states: ‘Their solution-based and customer-oriented approach is enormously helpful in reaching the best solution.’ Another client reports that the team is ‘very fast in taking the necessary steps.’”“.
Mrs. Shahinoor Alam completed her LLB and LLM from the University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, in the year 2002 and 2003 respectively. She is a member of the Supreme Court Bar Association for more than 10 years and the Dhaka Bar Association for more than 18 years. She joined the Chambers first in 2010 and worked for two years. She again joined the firm in 2022. Ms. Alam is the Deputy Head of the Dispute Resolution department and also a senior member of the IT and IP department. Ms. Alam is a Senior Associate and a Senior member of our Supreme Court Team. She is in charge of handling the appeal, revision etc to the High court arising from the judgement/order of the district court involving infringement of trademark, patent, design and copy rights. She works from our Supreme Court Bar Association office.
Dispute resolution department where she is a member is ranked under Dispute Resolution for two consecutive years.
- Successfully argued before Hon’ble court in protecting promotional rights of two dozen employees of a statutory corporation. The Hon’ble court was kind enough to issue rule and stay the operation of the impugned circular for direct recruitment.
- Conducted hearing effectively of a number of writ arising out of customs disputes for a number of companies
- Conducted hearing of complex land related revision/appeal arising from district and tribunals for individual clients.
- Assisted in High court in several cases involving banking, taxation, commercial matters.
IT & IP
- Assisted our client with the infringement of its Trademark and possible steps available under civil/criminal jurisdiction related to their IP rights.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- 2002– LL.B from University of Rajshahi.
- 2003– LLM from University of Rajshahi..
- 2005– MBA from Eastern University
- 2010– Enrolled with the High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- 2004– Enrolled with the District Court & Tribunals.
- Member, Supreme Court Bar Association
- Member, Dhaka Bar Association
- Rahman’s Chambers (2022 – onwards)
- G.M Azizur Rahman & Ismat Ara (2013-2022)
- Rahman’s Chambers (2011-2012)
- Monsurul Haque Chowdhury (2010-2011)
- Center for Development Services (2007-2009)