Mr. M Nasir Uddin enhanced Chambers inhouse capacity since his joining in 2019. He works from Headquarters and contributes significantly in finalizing case theory, legal research, factual analysis and finally drafting pleadings. As a supervisor he trains interns and lawyers who joins on probation basis. He has long working experience as in-house lawyer in different industries and business sectors. He also has practical knowledge and experience and strong ability in handling different kind of agreements involving commercial, construction and corporate transactions. His notable most recent works includes supervising, advising, conducting legal research and finalizing pleasing and case theory involving a LC payment related disputes for Swiss Singapore Overseas Enterp PTE Ltd, a concern of Adita Birla group.
Mr. Mohammad Nasir Uddin completed his LLB (Hon’s) and LLM from the University of Chittagong in 2000 and 2001 respectively. He enrolled as an advocate of Dhaka Judge court in 2005 and became a member of Dhaka Bar Association. Mr. Uddin joined the Chambers in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Nasir Uddin was the law officer of multiple reputed corporate entities in Bangladesh, where he handled a number of issues, disputes, and day to day corporate legal affairs before the relevant Courts, tribunals and institutional bodies of Bangladesh. He also has long standing working experience in corporate/commercial matters in the legal department of large organisations in Bangladesh such as APEX Leathers, ACME Lab. etc
Mr. Nasir Uddin is the Deputy Head of Commercial Department & Supervisor and also a senior member of Construction Department. He is a senior associate and a senior member of Supreme Court Team.
He has been involved in several cases related to fraud involving LC and commercial documents and transactions both in lower and higher judiciary. Having successfully completed the following assignments for the firm:
- Cases involving documentary fraud on behalf of a number o clients involving the supply of defective fabrics, raw material of RMG, LC payment etc in lower court and also higher court.
- Drafting of pleadings involving a number of civil revision involving payment under sales contract/proforma invoice/LC related disputes/
- Drafting of local Arbitration pleadings involving payment under sales contract/proforma invoice/LC related disputes.
- Advised Big W over a complex Building & Construction due diligence involving legal compliance with Building code, Fire Safety, etc. of a commercial building located at a prime location in Dhaka.
- We have advised an MNC on due diligence involving appointing an EPC contractor for construction of a steel building for their project at Savar.
As a member of Supreme Court team, he often involves in drafting pleadings of Writs, quashment, revision/appeal etc. As a team member he was involved in the below matters:
- Proceeding under Foods Safety Act 2013 brought before special magistrate court by filing quashment proceedings before Hon’ble High Court Division against KB Foods Ltd of Khan Bahadur Group.
- Challenging the order of RAJUK involving a commercial building located in Banani.
A Supervisor occupies a senior management role and is in charge of meeting deadlines of the work of Associates and Junior Associates of the Chambers. He/she trains interns and lawyers who joins on probation basis.
- 2001 – LL.M from University of Chittagong.
- 2000 – LL.B (Hon’s) from University of Chittagong.
- 2005 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
- Member, Dhaka Bar Association
- Rahman’s Chambers (2019 – onwards)
- Legal Adviser – Excel Telecom (Pvt.) Limited (2018 – 2019)
- Assistant Manager (Legal) – Apex Footwear Limited (2012 -2018)
- Senior Executive – The ACME Laboratories Limited (2008 – 2012)
- Executive Legal Operations – Building For Future Limited (2007 – 2008)