Mr. Salah Uddin Reza has total 14 years of experience in the field of land due diligence, land survey, M&A(land acquisition) and dispute resolution involving land. He was involved with most major complex land matters handled by the Chambers since his joining in 2010. Mr. Sohel is a senior member of our Corporate & Investment Department which is ranked under Corporate & Finance by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “The practice is additionally recognised in areas such as business formation, M&A and employment matters, alongside energy, infrastructure and real estate matters. Advocates at the firm are knowledgeable on restructuring and insolvency procedures. Notable clients advised by the firm include the likes of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association…”
Mr. Salah Uddin Reza Sohel, completed his LL.B and LLM under the Dhaka International University. He is an advocate of Judge Court and a registered member of Dhaka Bar Association. He joined the Chambers in 2010. Mr. Reza is the Deputy head of Corporate Department and a senior member of Investment Department. As a senior member of ADR, Land and Tribunals team.
Mr. Reza has vast experience in handling land related work in several land offices and tribunals covering due diligence, acquisition, transfer, searching, mutation etc. For major land acquisitions works undertaken by the Chambers, he carried out most legal due diligence work at several land offices and tribunals and also conducted physical search. He was involved in several major land transfer and registration works. He also has substantial experience of working on Trademark and patent registration.
The Corporate and investment department, where he is a senior member, are ranked under Corporate and Finance for five consecutive years.
Mr. Reza was a member of district court team and was in chare of majority of cases in District court for three years. He has gained significant experience in handling cases involving civil nature.
Land Due Diligence
- Conducted several searches at Sub Registry office; AC Land office; DC office, and provided due diligence report for acquiring land for a top multinational garment’s manufacturer of the world, and on completion of acquisition we also assisted them in mutating its name in the latest survey.
- Conducted land due diligence for TBEA and Surjin Tech Co., Ltd. in acquisition of land.
- Conducted due diligence of 695 acres of land for Velcan Energy Mauritius Ltd, a solar power company from Mauritius.
M&A (Land Acquisition)
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 63 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from many individual land owners involving complex Compromise Judgment & Decree and Solenama for cancellation of Heba etc.
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 8 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from individual land owners.
- Advised and Assisted a major Japanese tobacco company on M&A issues over a number of existing factories operating in Export Processing Zones in Bangladesh.
- Handled khas khatian related dispute, assisted in survey and demarcation of land and completed several mutations for a major textile company.
- Completed demarcation of land and completed several mutations for Gildan.
- Completed several validation and authentication of Power of attorney and other documents from different government offices for use in Bangladesh and abroad.
- Has successfully completed the DD on lease of industrial land required for industrial registration with BIDA relating to construction works for Mariland Engineering Company Ltd., a subsidiary of China Communications construction company Ltd. (CCCC), enabling it to avail several incentives available for investors. The work was particularly very complex as it involved the lease of industrial land, acquiring an industrial trade license, several inspections from authorities for the suitability of the project, etc.
- Conducted Due Diligence in both Chittagong Export Processing Zone (EPZ) and Mongla Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and on upcoming economic zones such as Karnaphuli Export Processing Zone, Adamjee Export Processing Zone etc for a major Japanese company for establishment of a Tobacco company in Bangladesh. Also advised on several investment options, exit, repatriation, taxation etc. as available in both (within and outside) various EPZs and SEZs.
He also handled dispute resolutions involving land maters i.e. cases pending in land tribunals, complex cases involving land, survey, expert report, demarcations order compliance etc.
He also completed trademark registration for a number of companies.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- 2012- LLM from Dhaka International University.
- 2006– LL.B from Dhaka International University.
- 2008 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
- 2022 – Enrolled in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
Recognition and Award
- Best team Performer Certificate
- Best Individual Performer Certificate
- 20015-till now – Senior Associate, ADR, Land and Tribunals Team
- 2012-2015- Senior Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team
- 2010-2012- Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2008-2010- Associate, Monowar and Associates