Mr. Salah Uddin Reza has total 13 years of experience in the field of land due diligence, land survey, M&A(land acquisition) and dispute resolution involving land. He was involved with most major complex land matters handled by the Chambers since his joining in 2010. Complex land transactions involving disputed claim of multiparty, disputes involving land acquisition rights of ministry of land, AC land, complex land demarcation works, khas land claim, mortgage claim, acquisition involving loan settlement and transfer etc. His most notable recent work includes successful completion of a complex M&A (Land acquisition) and mutation involving release of banks mortgage and other charge and updating record and finally completion of the transfer involving negotiation with multiple owners, banks etc.
Mr. Salah Uddin Reza Sohel, completed his LL.B and LLM under the Dhaka International University. He is an advocate of Judge Court and a registered member of Dhaka Bar Association. He joined the Chambers in 2010. Before joining the firm he worked in another law firm for few years. Mr. Reza is the Deputy head of Corporate Department and a senior member of IT Department. As a senior member of ADR, Land and Tribunals team.
Mr. Reza has vast experience in handling land related work in several land offices and tribunals covering due diligence, acquisition, transfer, searching, mutation etc. For major land acquisitions works undertaken by the Chambers, he carried out most legal due diligence work at several land offices and tribunals and also conducted physical search. He was involved in several major land transfer and registration works.
Mr. Reza was a member of district court team and was in chare of majority of cases in District court for three years. He has gained significant experience in handling cases involving civil nature.
Land Due Diligence
- Conducted several searches at Sub Registry office; AC Land office; DC office, and provided due diligence report for acquiring land for a top multinational garment’s manufacturer of the world, and on completion of acquisition we also assisted them in mutating its name in the latest survey.
- Conducted land due diligence for TBEA and Surjin Tech Co., Ltd. in acquisition of land.
- Conducted due diligence of 695 acres of land for Velcan Energy Mauritius Ltd, a solar power company from Mauritius.
M&A (Land Acquisition)
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 63 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from many individual land owners involving complex Compromise Judgment & Decree and Solenama for cancellation of Heba etc.
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 8 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from individual land owners.
- Advised and Assisted a major Japanese tobacco company on M&A issues over a number of existing factories operating in Export Processing Zones in Bangladesh.
- Handled khas khatian related dispute, assisted in survey and demarcation of land and completed several mutations for a major textile company.
- Completed demarcation of land and completed several mutations for Gildan.
- Completed several validation and authentication of Power of attorney and other documents from different government offices for use in Bangladesh and abroad.
Mr. Reza has significant expertise in dealing with Trademark, Patent Registration.
- For several companies both local and foreign he conducted search and filed trademark application with concerned offices.
- Completed trademark registration for UAE Bangladesh Investment Company Limited and few other foreign companies.
- Completed trademark TM registration for Sabrostar Fruit Company S.A and few other foreign companies.
- Completed trademark TM registration for Music Group IP Ltd and few other foreign companies.
As a senior member of ADR, Land and Tribunals team, he also handles dispute resolutions involving land maters i.e. cases pending in land tribunals, complex cases involving land, survey, expert report, demarcations order compliance etc.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- 2012- LLM from Dhaka International University.
- 2006– LL.B from Dhaka International University.
- 2008 – Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
- 2022 – Enrolled in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
Recognition and Award
- Best team Performer Certificate
- Best Individual Performer Certificate
- 20015-till now – Senior Associate, ADR, Land and Tribunals Team
- 2012-2015- Senior Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team
- 2010-2012- Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2008-2010- Associate, Monowar and Associates