The role of the Deputy Head of the Firm is only subordinate to that of the Head of Chambers and the Divisional Head. He/she is mostly required in a large Department of the Firm.
Received Best Performer of the year Award for the Year 2017
Mr. Salah Uddin Reza Sohel, Deputy head of Investment Department and a senior member of Corporate Department. successfully completed his LL.B and LLM under the Dhaka International University. He is an advocate of Judge Court and a registered member of Dhaka Bar Association. He is associated with the firm for nearly nine years. Before joining this team in 2015, he was a senior member of District and Magistrate Court team and effectively handled several cases before district and magistrates court for nearly 5 years.
Mr. Reza has vast experience in handling land related work in several land offices and tribunals covering due diligence, acquisition, transfer, searching, mutation etc. For major land acquisitions works undertaken by the Chambers, he carried out most legal due diligence work at several land offices and tribunals and also conducted physical search. He was involved in several major land transfer and registration works.
Mr. Reza Completed the following projects:
- Conducted several searches at Sub Registry office; AC Land office; DC office, and provided due diligence report for acquiring land for a top multinational garment’s manufacturer of the world, and on completion of acquisition we also assisted them in mutating its name in the latest survey.
- Advised and Assisted a major Japanese tobacco company on M&A issues over a number of existing factories operating in Export Processing Zones in Bangladesh.
- Handled khas khatian related dispute, assisted in survey and demarcation of land and completed several mutations for a major textile company.
- Conducted land due diligence for TBEA and Surjin Tech Co., Ltd. in acquisition of land.
- Conducted due diligence of 695 acres of land for Velcan Energy Mauritius Ltd, a solar power company from Mauritius.
- Conducted due diligence of 768 acres of land for First Security Islami Bank Limited.
- Completed land acquisition of several land for G.A.B Limited (Gildan) with the help of the team.
He assist the firm with authentication of power of attorney and other documents. For several companies both local and foreign he conducted search and filed trademark application with concerned offices.
- Advised and assited in the Share Transfer for a Hong Kong based company namely Vanessa Enterprise ltd.
- Assisted in business expansion by way of land acquisition for G.A.B. Limited (GILDAN), a subsidiary of one of the largest manufacturers of branded clothing.
- Completed several validation and authentication of Power of attorney and other documents from different government offices for use in Bangladesh and abroad.
- handled a number of litigation successfully in Labour and Administrative tribunals relating to Howe Are You Textiles Ltd and Roshowa Textiles Ltd.
- Completed trademark registration for UAE Bangladesh Investment Company Limited and few other foreign companies.
- 2012- LLM from Dhaka International University.
- 2006– LL.B from Dhaka International University.
- 2008- Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
Recognition and Award
- Best team Performer Certificate
- Best Individual Performer Certificate
- 20015-till now – Senior Associate, ADR, Land and Tribunals Team
- 2012-2015- Senior Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team
- 2010-2012- Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2008-2010- Associate, Monowar and Associates