The role of the Deputy Head of the Firm is only subordinate to that of the Head of Chambers and the Divisional Head. He/she is mostly required in a large Department of the Firm.
Mr. Salah Uddin Reza Sohel, Deputy head of Corporate Department and a senior member of IT Department completed his LL.B and LLM under the Dhaka International University. He is an advocate of Judge Court and a registered member of Dhaka Bar Association. He is with the Chambers for nearly ten years. While the Chambers was small, Mr. Reza besides his work on land matter, he was a member of dispute resolution department. As the Chambers grew, several different departments were formed gradually including Investment and IT. Since 2015, Mr. Reza working in the Land and IP matters.
Mr. Reza has vast experience in handling land related work in several land offices and tribunals covering due diligence, acquisition, transfer, searching, mutation etc. For major land acquisitions works undertaken by the Chambers, he carried out most legal due diligence work at several land offices and tribunals and also conducted physical search. He was involved in several major land transfer and registration works.
Land Due Diligence
- Conducted several searches at Sub Registry office; AC Land office; DC office, and provided due diligence report for acquiring land for a top multinational garment’s manufacturer of the world, and on completion of acquisition we also assisted them in mutating its name in the latest survey.
- Conducted land due diligence for TBEA and Surjin Tech Co., Ltd. in acquisition of land.
- Conducted due diligence of 695 acres of land for Velcan Energy Mauritius Ltd, a solar power company from Mauritius.
M&A (Land Acquisition)
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 63 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from many individual land owners involving complex Compromise Judgment & Decree and Solenama for cancellation of Heba etc.
- Advised, negotiated, conducted due diligence and prepared entire Acquisition transactions documents and assisted in registering and mutation of 8 decimal land for GILDAN Activewear [G.A.B. Limited, Bangladesh] within Dist.-Dhaka, Upzilla-Saver, Police Station- Ashulia, Union-Dhamsona, Village-Baipail, Sub-Registrar Office-Ashulia, Mouza Baipail from individual land owners.
- Advised and Assisted a major Japanese tobacco company on M&A issues over a number of existing factories operating in Export Processing Zones in Bangladesh.
- Handled khas khatian related dispute, assisted in survey and demarcation of land and completed several mutations for a major textile company.
- Completed demarcation of land and completed several mutations for Gildan.
- Completed several validation and authentication of Power of attorney and other documents from different government offices for use in Bangladesh and abroad.
Mr. Reza has significant expertise in dealing with Trademark, Patent Registration.
- For several companies both local and foreign he conducted search and filed trademark application with concerned offices.
- Completed trademark registration for UAE Bangladesh Investment Company Limited and few other foreign companies.
- Completed trademark TM registration for Sabrostar Fruit Company S.A and few other foreign companies.
- Completed trademark TM registration for Music Group IP Ltd and few other foreign companies.
- 2012- LLM from Dhaka International University.
- 2006– LL.B from Dhaka International University.
- 2008- Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
Recognition and Award
- Best team Performer Certificate
- Best Individual Performer Certificate
- 20015-till now – Senior Associate, ADR, Land and Tribunals Team
- 2012-2015- Senior Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team
- 2010-2012- Associate, District and Magistrate Court Team, Rahman’s Chambers
- 2008-2010- Associate, Monowar and Associates