Mr. Sheikh Abdullah is with the Chambers since 2012. He plays a crucial role in helping managing day to day affairs of all cases pending before High Court and Supreme court. Most regular procedural issues involving mentioning before court, opposing adjournments, taking adjournments, power, affidavit etc are taken care of by the Court clerks with his able assistance. He has vast experience with white collar crime cases and financial cases. He conducted hearing of a number of cases before High courts involving financial crimes and banking matters. His recent achievement is the successfully conducting hearing and disposal of a case involving electricity distribution related disputes.
Mr. Sheikh Abdullah completed LLB and LLM under the University of Southeast. He is a member of the Supreme Court and Dhaka Bar Association. Having joined the Firm in the year of 2012, Mr. Abdullah is working for the firm as a senior member for 8 years, appearing in Courts, handling cases of related departments. Mr. Abdullah have years of experience in dealing with judicial review involving general matters, quashment proceedings, Civil and criminal appeal etc.
Mr. Abdullah is appointed as Deputy Head,Taxes and Finance department in 2019 and a senior member of Dispute Resolution department. Mr. Abdullah is a Senior Associate & senior member of Supreme Court Team.
Taxes & Finance
- Successfully pleaded before Honorable High Court over a number of disputes involving dishour of Cheque for a Bank.
- successfully pleased before Hon’ble High Court over a number of banking loan recover matter for and against Bank.
- Several judicial review proceedings before Hon’ble High court over a disputes involving electricity connection for DPDC.
- Quashment, bail and civil and criminal Appeal proceeding for several corporate and individual clients.
As a supreme court team member he is actively involved in the day to day management of the cases in the Supreme Court.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- 2008– LL.M from University of Southeast.
- 2007– LL.B (Hon’s) from University of Southeast.
- 2012– Enrolled in the High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- 2009– Enrolled in the District Court & Tribunals.
Recognition and Award
- Achieved Best Team Performance Award – Year of 2016
- Awarded with Best Individual Performer Certificate – July 2016.
- Rahman’s Chambers
- Al-Amin Associates
- ABM Nurul Islam & Associates