Ms. Tanzina Sharmee, since joining the firm in 2020 continued to impress the Chambers with her sincerely and dedication. She works from Chittagong office and clearly proved herself as a valuable addition to the Chambers. She is responsible for the banking, commercial and shipping cases pending in the Chittagong court and also maintains liaison with Chittagong clients and our Dhaka SCBA office for admiralty, judicial review, appeal/revision cases required to be heard in the Supreme Court in Dhaka. She not only appears before the court as a counsel but also very through with her research and analysis. Her most recent work was relating to helping SCBA office with successfully arresting of a container vessel at Chittagong port berthing for its alleged involvement with causing damage to a Fire Truck imported for CAAB for Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka due to negligent discharge operation.
Ms. Tanzina Sharmee, completed LL.B & LL.M from Premier University, Chittagong, Bangladesh. She is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. Ms. Sharmee has several years of experience working on legal matters in cooperate Firms and under notable practitioners. She also assists the firm in handling shipping matters which are originated in Chittagong. Ms. Sharmee appeared as counsel in both higher and lower judiciary particularly in Chittagong in different civil, banking and commercial matters. She joined the Chambers in 2020. Ms. Sharmee is a deputy head of Shipping Department and a senior member of taxes and finance department. She is a Senior Associate and a senior member of Supreme Court team.
- Assistance provided for successful arresting of a container vessel at Chittagong port berthing for its alleged involvement with causing damage to a Fire Truck imported for CAAB for Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka due to negligent discharge operation.
- Advised client on salvage operation in Chittagong port.
Taxation and Finance
- Drafting of several petitions and reply for a complex case pending before Higher court for a Bank.
- Drafting of a number of Writ petition on CIB classification and loan re-schedulement for and against bank.
As a member of the District Court team she assisted in the following works:
- Successfully handled a complex disputes involve rights to receive rent by landowner, developer and lending bank of a commercial lease from the tenant.
Commenced an execution proceeding of an award received from a arbitral tribunal comprising three arbitrators involving recovery of payment of loan.
The Deputy Head of a department is next to the Divisional Head and the Head of Chambers. In a large department there may be more than one deputy head. Deputy head is a person who has proven track record of working in the respective field and/or has specialized knowledge or exposure in that particular field of law, which make him/her eligible for taking a leading position.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M) (Premier University, 2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), (Premier University, 2013)
- Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
- Advocate, Judge’s Court of Chattogram, Bangladesh
- Senior Associate and Deputy head, Shipping Department, Rahman’s Chambers
- Associate Lawyer – under Senior Barrister at High Court Division.
- Associate Lawyer – under Senior Advocate, Chattogram
- Associate Lawyer – The Legal Care
- Member, Supreme court Bar Association
- Member, Chittagong Bar Association
- Member, Taxes Bar, Chittagong