As a a Senior Associate and Deputy Head of Department, she is in charge of a department which comprises of a number of different practice areas.
Ms. Tanzina Sharmee, completed her LL.B & LL.M from Premier University, Bangladesh, is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. She has several years of experience working on legal matters in coporate Firms and under notable practitioners. She also assists the firm in handling shipping matters which are originated in Chittagong. She appeared as counsel in both higher and lower judiciary particularly in Chittagong in different civil, banking and commercial matters. As a Senior Associate and Deputy Head of Shipping Department, she oversees the banking, finance and taxation matter of the firm. She is also a member of the shipping department.
Ms. Sharmee pays a crucial role from Chittagong in dealing with shipping matters. Lawyers under this Department have advised clients on salvage operation, ship mortgage, charter party claim.
- Advised client on auction sale process of ship under execution proceedings in Chittagong.
- Advised client on salvage operation in Chittagong port.
Ms. Sharmee oversee the work of Banking Department involving both contentious and non contentions matters. She advises clients on security documentation, club lending, mortgage, hypothecation etc. As well as she has significant experience in several banking litigation involving loan recovery, cheque dishonour, CIB, judicial review arising from execution proceedings etc. Notable works under the relevant department are:
- Drafting of several petitions and reply for a complex case pending before Higher court for a Bank.
- Legal consultancy involving several issues and security documentation to a NBFI.
- Drafting of a number of Writ petition on CIB classification and loan re-schedulement for and against bank.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M) (Premier University, 2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), (Premier University, 2013)
- Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
- Advocate, Judge’s Court of Chattogram, Bangladesh
- Advocate at Taxes Bar, Chittagong
- Associate Lawyer – under Senior Barrister at High Court Division.
- Associate Lawyer – under Senior Advocate, Chattogram
- Associate Lawyer – The Legal Care
Recognition and Award
To be published soon…