Senior Associate Chattogram (Chittagong) oversee the legal work of Chattogram branch of our firm. The person is a reasonably senior member of the firm having at least not less than 8 years of experience with permission to appear before higher courts and having the experience to deal with different aspects of practice. In coordination with head-office senior associate Chattogram ensures high standard and timely delivery of legal work which is originated and carried out in Chattogram.
Ms. Faria Binta Alam, LL.B (University of London, UK); LL.M (Dhaka) is an Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh. She has 10 years of experience of working on legal matters for several banks and financial institutions. She also assist firm shipping matters which are originated in Chittagong. She appeared as counsel in both higher and lower judiciary particularly in Chittagong in different civil, banking and commercial matters. As a Senior Associate and Head of Finance Department, she oversees the banking, finance and taxation matter of the firm. She is also a member of the shipping department.
Ms. Alam oversee the work of Banking Department involving both contentious and non contentions matters. She advises clients on security documentation, club lending, mortgage, hypothecation etc. As well as she has significant experience in several banking litigation involving loan recovery, cheque dishonour, CIB, judicial review arising from execution proceedings etc. Her notable works are:
- Drafting of several petitions and reply for a complex case pending before Higher court for a Bank.
- Legal consultancy involving several issues and security documentation to a NBFI.
- Drafting of a number of Writ petition on CIB classification and loan re-schedulement for and against bank.
Ms. Alam pays a crucial role from Chittagong in dealing with shipping matters. She has advised clients on salvage operation, ship mortgage, charter party claim.
- Advised client on auction sale process of ship under execution proceedings in Chittagong.
- Advised client on salvage operation in Chittagong port.
- Masters of Laws (LL.M) (Dhaka, 2010)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of London, UK (2007)
- A-Level (Edexcel International)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Dhaka City College.
- Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
To be published soon…
Recognition and Award
To be published soon…