The Associate, Investment & Business Setup Team is an important member who maintains regular communication with clients on day to day basis and also provides mostly desk based legal support, for example, online filing with BIDA, RJSC, filling all related forms, client conference etc. He/she coordinates with Head of Chambers and other members of the team.
The person also plays a crucial role in conducting legal research, preparing various resolutions, forms and keeping the department updated with all changes in laws and regulations affecting investment in general.
Ms. Sumya Labiba completed her Diploma in Law and LL.B. (Hons) from the University of London. She is immensely competent in land vetting, drafting the legal opinion, copyright applications, research etc. Her previous experiences in the education sector and pupillage in three major corporate law firms makes Ms. Labiba a fine addition to our team.
Ms. Labiba has good experience of working on a number of copyright-related application filings and has a particular interest on labour matters. Ms.Labiba is well conversant with taxation and land matters. She also successfully handled a number of clients in business setup matters for the firm.
She is presently working as an Associate member of Investment and Business setup Team and and also a member of the Investment and information technology department.
Our investment department has several landmark achievements, notably:
- Assisted in setting up business and land due diligence for TBEA CO. LTD. one of the major Chinese manufacturer of power transformers and other electrical equipment, and a developer of transmission projects.
- Assisted in setting up business and with immigration formalities of employees for Shakti Pumps (India) Ltd.
- Conducted due diligence on setting up business for China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC).
- Drafted several franchise agreement securing IP rights for several companies.
- Advised on several aspects of copyrights law applicable to artwork placed in the internet.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (2016)
- Diploma in Law, University of London (2013)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Dhaka Commerce College, (2011)
Recognition & Awards
To be published soon…
To be published soon…