The Associate, Investment & Business Setup Team is an important member who maintains regular communication with clients on day to day basis and also provides mostly desk based legal support, for example, online filing with BIDA, RJSC, filling all related forms, client conference etc. He/she coordinates with Head of Chambers and other members of the team.
The person also plays a crucial role in conducting legal research, preparing various resolutions, forms and keeping the department updated with all changes in laws and regulations affecting investment in general.
Ms. Sumya Labiba completed her Diploma in Law and LL.B. (Hons) from the University of London. She also completed Her Masters in Industrial Relations and Labour Studies (MSS) from University of Dhaka in 2019 with First Class marks. She is an associate of Foreign Investment and Business Setup Team and a member of Investment and IT Departments.
As an Foreign Investment and Business Setup Team member, she assisted clients in a number of works involving company setup, branch and Liaison office opening, Employment Visa and many other related formalities. Besides she advises clients on different post incorporation legal services including lease, recruitment including drafting HR policy etc.
As a member of Investment Department, she was involved in few major due diligence work involving taxation, investment options etc. Besides, she has long experience in filing copyright, trademark applications etc. which made her a valuable addition to the IT Department.
Her notable works are:
- Opening of subsidiary for Ralph Lauren and Shakti Pump as a team member
- Opening Branch office for TBEA as a team member
- Opening Liaison office for CHWE liaison office
- Drated MA AA, trust deed etc for a number of clients
- Share acquisition of OOCL and Salam Shipping
- Due Diligence for Abu Dhabi Fund etc.
- Masters of Industrial Relations and Labour Studies (MSS) University of Dhaka (2019)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of London (2016)
- Diploma in Law, University of London (2013)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Dhaka Commerce College, (2011)
Recognition & Awards
Best Team of the Month Certificate – June 2019
Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
Associate, Old Bailey Chambers