Ms. Kazi Nazifa Islam is a talented lawyer with strong educational background. She is sincere and devoted to her work. Since joining her assisted department in helping clients a number of business setup works including getting employment Visa and many other related formalities. Besides, she assisted client with different post incorporation legal services including preparing lease, recruitment including drafting HR policy etc. Ms Islam is a member of our Corporate & Investment Department both of which are ranked under Corporate & Finance by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “The practice is additionally recognised in areas such as business formation, M&A and employment matters, alongside energy, infrastructure and real estate matters. Advocates at the firm are knowledgeable on restructuring and insolvency procedures. Notable clients advised by the firm include the likes of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association…”
Ms. Kazi Nazifa Islam completed Diploma in Law from the University of London in 2014 and LL.B. (Hons) from University of BPP London, UK in 2018. She also completed her LLM in Northumbria University of UK in 2019. She is an associate lawyer and a member of Investment and Business Setup Team. The Corporate and investment department, where she is a member, are ranked under Corporate and Finance for five consecutive years.
- Advised client in opening of a subsidiary for Ralph Lauren and Shakti Pump
- Advised client in opening of a Branch office of TBEA
- Advised client in Opening Liaison office for CHWE liaison office
- Drafted MA AA, trust deed etc for a number of clients
An an investment and business setup team member she was involved in the following works:
- As a part of the team advised OOCL on Share acquisition process.
- As a part of the team advised Salam Shipping on Share acquisition process
- Due Diligence report provided to Abu Dhabi Fund on overall corporate and finance related issues in Bangladesh.
- Advised GAB Limited to a number of agreements and Security Documents.
A associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues.
- LLM in International Commercial Law, Northumbria University- Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK) (2019)
- LLB (Hons) , BPP University of London, UK (2018)
- Diploma in Law, University of London, UK, 2016)
- A levels- British Council (2014)
- O levels- British Council (2011)
- BPTC, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK (Pending Final Result)
Recognition and Award
- Associate, Rahman’s Chambers -2022 till now.
- The Legal Maxim
- Mini Pupilage, Chowdhury and Ullah