Mr. Md. Tawhidul Hassan is clearly an ambitious, hardworking, self-motivated and active team member. Since joining the Chambers in 2018, he proved his intellectual ability to carry out complex works within deadline. He were involved in a few major corporate and investment related transactional works. In particular, his involvement was critical for a number of transactional works involving labour, M&A, JVs, private placement involving capital market. Mr. Hassan completed his schooling in Chattogram. He works from our Chattogram(Chittagong) office. His background of studying and working in Malaysia and his ability to speak Malay and Arabic (conversational) makes him a unique member of the Chambers. His most recent notable work include advised a MNC on regulations involving acquisition of large shareholding of a listed company listed with DSE. Ms. Hassan is a senior member of our Corporate & Investment Department both of which are ranked under Corporate & Finance by Chambers and Partners 2023 Asia Pacific Guide. The editorial says: “The practice is additionally recognised in areas such as business formation, M&A and employment matters, alongside energy, infrastructure and real estate matters. Advocates at the firm are knowledgeable on restructuring and insolvency procedures. Notable clients advised by the firm include the likes of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association…”
Mr. Md. Tawhidul Hassan completed LL.B. (Hons) from International Islamic University, Malaysia in 2015. He also completed LL.M from the University of Malaya in 2018. Mr. Hassan is an Associate nd a member of Foreign Investment and Business Setup Team and a member both Investment and Corporate Department. Mr. Hassan is performing additional role as Chattogram exec. The Corporate and investment department, where he is a member, are ranked under Corporate and Finance for five consecutive years.
Before joining the firm in 2018 he completed Legal Internship at Azmi & Associates based in Kuala Lumpur and also Junior Legal Assistant at Upperhouse based in Bangsar, Malaysia. He also completed professional training from (a) Yayasan Khazanah Leadership Program: Personal Mastery organized by YK and CareerXcell (b) Yayasan Khazanah Leadership Program: Corporate Warrior organized by YK and (c) English Language Course, CELPED, International Islamic University Malaysia with Result Equivalent to IELTS 6.0
He participated in several extra-curricular activities involving improving his presentation skills and critical thinking and public speaking. He was a Boy Scout at. School level.
Mr. Hassan is fluent in English and Bengali. He is also conversant with Arabic and Malay.
- Advised a garments MNC, leather goods producer MNC based in Chittagong and a number of local businesses on options of termination, furlough, layoff and entrenchment due to redundancy and lockdown arising from COVID-19.
- Restructured HR Policy of Pou Chen Group (Bangladesh Pou Hung Industrial Ltd) of KEPZ, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Advised on recovering dues by commencing Bankruptcy Italian etc.
- Conduced Legal Due Diligence for CNCEC, China.
- Advised Surjin Tech Co., Ltd. with business setup process and acquisition of land in Chittagong.
- Advised a MNC on regulations involving acquisition of large shareholding of a listed company listed with DSE.
As a team member of Investment and business setup team, he was involved with the below works:
- Due Diligence for setting up Fin-tech Company
- Advised client based in Chittagong on different aspect of legality involving opening an e-commerce platform providing services of buy & sale of industrial land, factory along with arranging finance from scheduled banks and NBFI.
An associate lawyer is an experienced member of a Team, senior to/promoted from the post of Junior Associates. They assist the Chambers with legal research, fact analysis, coordinating with clients on procedural issues. They also prepares legal opinion, draft pleading and finalise the same under the supervision of the senior colleagues. The Exec of a branch assist the management team with day to day management of that branch.
- Master of Laws (LL.M), University of Malaya (2018)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), International Islamic University Malaysia, (2015)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Jamea Ahmadia Sunnia Alia, Chittagong, (2009)
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Guthuma Chowmury Islamia Dakhil Madrasah, Feni, (2007)
Awards & Recognition
Best Employee of The Month- June 2019
- Associate, Rahman’s Chambers
- Junior Associate, Rahman’s Chambers