The Divisional Head, Corporate and Construction Division is the most experienced and qualified lawyer in the relevant department at the Firm, second only to the Head of Chambers himself. Being a key personnel at the Firm, he or she displays the highest of calibre and judicious mind handling sensitive and critical matters related to the concerned Department at the Firm, while assisted by team of lawyers consisting of both senior and junior associates of the Firm whenever deemed applicable and/or necessary. His or her vast expertise of more than a decade into the field of Corporate and Construction related laws of Bangladesh, including but not limited to the Construction, Investment and Power Sector related matters renders him/her into a valuable asset to the Firm.
To be updated
Ms. Narita Navin Khan is a Barrister of the Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London and an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. She has altogether 11 years’ background in working in the field of corporate & Construction.
Ms. Khan has worked with Dr. Kamal Hossain and Associates from 2008 to 2011. Ms. Khan currently heads the Corporate & Construction Division & is in charge of the Construction Department.
The most recent, notable works of Ms. Khan are as follows:
- Negotiated and concluded Term Loan Facility and other security documentation between Summit Narayanganj Power Company Limited and DEG-DEUTSCHE INVESTITIONS-UND ENTWICKLUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH & NEDERLANDSE FINANCIERINGS – MAATSCHAPPIJ VOOR ONTWIKKELINGSLANDENV.
- Negotiated and concluded long term financing of dual fuel powerplant for USD 190m with the Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL), Standard Chartered Bank and a syndicate of European DFIs, aswell as EPC and O&M contracts with The First Northeast Electric Power Engineering Ltd and KEPCO Plant Service & Engineering Co., Ltd respectively on behalf of the Project Company.
- Negotiated and concluded long termfinancing of USD 210m with ADB, IFC and Islamic Development Bank; USD 50m with IDCOL and Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD); of USD 27.64m with IDCOL and OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) on behalf of various
Assisted in the merger of the following companies:
- Summit Alliance Port Limited with Ocean Containers Limited.
- Summit Communications Limited with Vertex CommunicationsLimited.
- Summit Power Limited with Summit Narayanganj Power Limited, Summit Uttaranchal. Power Company Limited, and Summit Purbanchol Power Company Limited.
- Young one Shoes Accessories Industries Limited with Youngone Sports Shoes Industries
- Pacific Zipper Bangladesh Limited with HHH Accessories Industry Limited.
- Youngone (CEPZ) Limited with Youngone Sportswear (CEPZ) Limited.
- Prepared comprehensive legal report on the area of work related personal injuries in Bangladesh and assisted in the filing of cases against foreign companies in foreign jurisdictions.
- Assisted in the equity investment and sale and transfer of shares of Summit Corporation Limited to Summit Power International (Pte.) Limited, with international financing corporations.
- Assisted in the preparation of the IPO process of Summit Power International Limited, on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”), which involved due diligence on the company and its subsidiaries in Bangladesh, reviewing the legal portions of the prospectus, responding to various queries from the SGX-ST.
- Bar Vocational Course (Very Competent), Inns of Court School of Law, UK (2007)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Legal Skills, Inns of Court School of Law, UK (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Upper Second Class), University of London, UK (2006)
- Diploma-in-law, University of London, UK (2004)
- Higher School Certificate (1st Class), Viqarunnisa Noon School, Dhaka (2002)
- Secondary School Certificate (1st Class), Viqarunnisa Noon School, Dhaka, (2000)
- Barrister-at-Law of Lincoln’s Inn, London (2007)
- Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh (2010)
- Advocate, District Court of Bangladesh (2008)
Recognition and Award
To be updated…
- Divisional Head, Corporate & Construction Division (September ’19 – till date)
- Independent Practitioner (June’11 – September’19)
- Ex Associate, Dr. Kamal Hossain and Associates (October ‘08 – May ‘11)